Mold! it’s everywhere … and most of the time it does not present a problem. However problems with indoor mold start when it is found in excessive amounts. Mold if left unattended can affect the air quality of the indoor environment.
The most effective way of preventing mold is not to have a chronic water infiltration issue such as a roof leak, incorrectly installed bathroom vent fan, or improper ventilation in your attic. Another common cause of mold growth is the improper mitigation of a water intrusion. Many homeowners believe that they can handle a small or medium size water intrusion event themselves, with a home shop vacuum. In such a case, although the standing water may be removed, the unseen moisture is what can lead to mold growth. In almost all cases Absolute Interior can professionally dry the structure and return it to pre-loss condition in two to four days. Absolute Interior will provide you with a free estimate.
Not all moulds are toxic in nature; but they require the following in order to grow:
- Food (wood, insulation, drywall backing, dust etc)
Most molds produce allergens, irritants and sometimes toxic substances into the indoor and outdoor environment. Due to higher concentrations of mold indoors, allergic reactions to mold range from mild to severe when touched or inhaled.
Does the indoor environment that you frequent have any of these?
- Visible mold
- Chronic plumbing leaks
- Wet basement
- Incorrectly vented bathroom exhaust fan
- Roof or window leaks
- Excessively high indoor humidity
Symptoms of Mold Spores Exposure can include:
- Respiratory problems: wheezing, difficulty breathing
- Burning, watery, red eyes
- Nasal and sinus irritation
- Sore throat
- Headaches, mood changes etc
Fungal contamination can cause allergic, infections & serious health effects.
With the recent attention being paid to mold in the media, you can be sure that if you intend to sell your home that it is very likely that any existing mold situations will need to be mitigated before the sale is complete. Absolute Interior professionals handle water and mold issues every day. Prompt action is required in order to mitigate the situation and prevent any future mold growth.
We specialize in the following mold remediation services to customers with Mold Damage:
- Containment of affected area (meaning that we completely contain the work area in order to prevent any spread of mold spores during mitigation activities)
- Containment of affected area Removal and disposal of contaminated materials
- HEPA negative air filtration
- HEPA vacuuming of effected area (structure and contents)
Multiple mitigation methods depending upon the severity of the situation exist, call for details.